[XeTeX] Multi directional paragraphs

Arash Zeini arash.zeini at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 00:14:55 CET 2011

Hello,

I am using the verse environment (\begin{verse}) in the memoir class to format
quotations from manuscripts. I have one LTR section followed by a RTL section.
I have been using verse as opposed to quote or quotation because of its
hanging indent. While the \setRTL and \setLTR commands of the bidi pachakge
work inside the quote environment they don't work in the verse environment.
The RTL sections go beyond the defined text margin.

Since I use Bidi v1.0.3, I have been wondering whether this is a known issue
which has been fixed in later releases of bidi.

Thanks for your help,
Arash