[XeTeX] Running out of memory in XeSearch while trying to XeIndex on largish latex files.

Michael Joyner michael at newsrx.com
Thu Feb 10 01:30:39 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Paul Isambert <zappathustra at free.fr> wrote:

>  Le 09/02/2011 20:52, Michael Joyner a écrit :
>
> Good Afternoon,
>
>  Help! :)
>
>  We are trying to use XeIndex/XeSearch on what we consider to be some
> medium/small documents and are getting the following error:
>
>  ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=80000].
> \pdfstringdef ... \let \GenericError \@gobblefour(TeX capacity is generally
> exceeded because it has entered a loop.)

This only seems to occur on documents that exceed 35,000 "words" according
to "wc -w" output.
I can trim the document down to just under that and all is well.
Put in a couple of returns or just a few words and it gets triggered.

I will send off list an example document.

Thanks for any help.

(Note. This occurs on just loading XeSearch. Not actually using anything in
it explicitly