[XeTeX] Kerning flaw with MinionPro & XeTex <xetex at tug.org>

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 6 15:36:26 CET 2011

Am 06.02.2011 um 14:02 schrieb Alessandro Ceschini:

> -2ex is OK, it looks remarkably like the output FontForge proposes.

You probably mean -0.2ex. 2ex is twice the width of an x. This would
make the two characters change positions and sequence...

> Now, back to the "kerning=mykerns", I heard about a mycrotypography
> package, could it be of use to me?

No. Your additions could adjust how much the characters would protrude
into the left and right margins. With pdfTeX the microtype package can
also adjust the width of the characters; I'm not sure whether it also
adjusts the amount of kerning...

--
Greetings

   Pete

We need a president who's fluent in at least one language.
				– Buck Henry