[XeTeX] Kerning flaw with MinionPro & XeTex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 6 01:41:40 CET 2011

Am 05.02.2011 um 23:36 schrieb Adam Twardoch (List):

> On 11-02-05 23:25, Alessandro Ceschini wrote:
>> OK, I got it know. Can you suggest me any workaround? This bug is
>> very
>> annoying since the combination occurs frequently.
> I think you could search/replace for the combination and insert an
> additional positive TeX \kern there, but I don't really know how to do
> it properly. I know a few things about fonts, but very little about
> TeX.

How is this? (With additional code to see the amount of kerning added.)

\newlength{\Kern}
\fontsize{24}{24}\selectfont
\setlength{\Kern}{.1ex}
У\kern-.1ex бить! \the\Kern

--
Greetings

   Pete

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
not want merely because you think it would be good for him.
				– Robert Heinlein