[XeTeX] problem rendering unicode Devanagari dependent vowel signs and ligatures

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Fri Feb 4 06:12:24 CET 2011

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:40:17 , Dominik Wujastyk <wujastyk at gmail.com> wrote
Following Richard's explorations, I found that Jaipur Unicode NFLC (source) also produces a visarga without the dotted circle. Input file below, and output PDF and font attached.

It is a font problem. For Mangal Font  also MicroSoft defined it like that. I think it is a typewriter saga convention. In typewriters there is no separate visarga but people used the colon instead. For telugu font (Gautami of MicroSoft) it is properly defined.

D Venu Gopal