[XeTeX] problem rendering unicode Devanagari dependent vowel signs and ligatures

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:00:17 CET 2011

Following Richard's explorations, I found that Jaipur Unicode NFLC
(source<http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/hindi/>)
also produces a visarga *without* the dotted circle. Input file below, and
output PDF and font attached.

I couldn't find a downloadable Devanagari MT.  I think it's a copyrighted
Mac-only font.

Sadly, with Jaipur Unicode NFLC,  "svaatantryam" is hideous.

Dominik

\documentclass[11pt]{article}

\usepackage{polyglossia}

\begin{document}

\newfontfamily\textsanskrit [Script=Devanagari,Mapping=velthuis]

{Jaipur Unicode NFLC}

\textsanskrit{aacaarya.h

kaartsnya.h .h \char2307

svaatantryam

\noindent

aasiidraajaa nalo naama\\viirasenasuto balii\\uppanno gu.nairi.s.tai\\
ruupavaana"svakovida.h\par}

\end{document}