[XeTeX] How to load pstricks?

Sven Siegmund sven.siegmund at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:12:20 CET 2011

Thanks for the info, Toscho, but I have been using pstricks for
certain things and my documents could always compile (by xelatex)
seamlessly in Miktex 2.7. I knew that pstricks is essentially designed
for dvi output compilers, but was glad that it actually works with
xelatex as well, to my surprise. Just recently I upgraded to Miktex
2.9 and when I tried to recompile my documents which use pstricks I
got into this.

As Ulrike pointed out, this has nothing to do with XeTeX, it is a
Miktex-specific packaging bug and can be currently solved by
uninstalling and reinstaling the pstricks package.

Regards,

S.