[XeTeX] TL update and Linux Libertine O ligatures

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Dec 27 15:42:54 CET 2011

Am Mon, 26 Dec 2011 17:13:06 +0000 schrieb Arash Zeini:

> Hello,
>
> I hope you are all enjoying your holidays.
>
> Today I finally ran "tlmgr update" on my TL 2011 installation on
> Linux, which updated 138 packages. Since then, using Linux Libertine
> O, xelatex renders the sequence "fi" as "- ": "find" -> "- nd". No
> such problems with Linux Libertine or Times New Roman. Is this just a
> bug in Linux Libertine O? Has anyone else encountered this?

In the french group someone mentioned a similar problem but (like
you here) without exact code.

I can't reproduce the problem (with miktex) with this example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
\begin{document}
abc fi
\end{document}

This uses LinLibertine_R.otf (version 5.1.3).

I would at first check if you have double versions of some fonts
(xelatex can be easily confused by this).

Add \XeTeXtracingfonts=1 to your document and compile with

xelatex --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -vv"  file

The check in the log-file and in the terminal output the pathes of
the used fonts.

--
Ulrike Fischer