[XeTeX] fontspec loading the wrong font?

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Fri Dec 16 01:36:20 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,

On 16/12/2011, at 9:44 AM, Daniel Greenhoe wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au> wrote:
>> try doing some detailed tracing, using  \tracingall
>
> Thank you for your help. I did try it with the \tracingall directive.
> However, the compilation crashes with message
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.85   GNU FreeSerif:           & \fntFreeSerif

Yes, because of the {...} delimiting.
This makes part of the \newfontfamily  stuff local to that group.

You can scan through that tracing to see whether all is as
it is supposed to be, with respect to filenames of the fonts
being loaded, or being setup for later loading.

The fact that the document fails is irrelevant to obtaining
that information.

If you remove those braces, then you'll trace an awful lot more
of the document, getting masses more output into the .log  file.

The document may now process to completion, but it may be a lot
harder to find the relevant parts to font-loading.

> Maybe the log file would still be helpful to someone; but it is huge
> (about 2.4MByte), so I won't attach it to this email. If anyone wants
> the file, I can email it or put it on a publicly accessible server.
>
> Dan

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                       ross.moore at mq.edu.au