[XeTeX] Any progress on 16 open write file limit?

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 00:47:03 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Bruno Le Floch <blflatex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Update the l3kernel bundle to the newest version

OK, thanks! I am hoping to complete and deliver a major project this
month, so I don't want to risk a major update to my Texlive system at
this point; but I hope to test it next month.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do you need separate files for each letter?
> You have more than 65536 entries for each one?

Thanks for the tip. However, the previously attached code is just a
test bench --- that is, it demonstrates the problem and allows me to
test a proposed solution to see if it can resolve the problem. The
example happens to use the Latin alphabet as a kind of enumeration of
the instances that cause the writes.

Thank you again,
Dan