[XeTeX] tabular in footnote

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Sun Dec 4 14:55:30 CET 2011

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> first, as Keith wrote, as a reader I would not expect a table in a
> footnote. If the table is important, why not to put it to the main
> text? And if it is not important, why it is there at all? If it is of

I would definitely expect to see a table in a footnote on a corporate
financial statement.  In fact, I think the standardized accounting
practices in some countries may actually *require* tables in footnotes in
some corporate financial statements.  I suppose it's possible that the
"notes" on the average financial statement might technically be classified
as endnotes rather than footnotes, since there are typically stretches of
multiple pages containing nothing but "notes" without any "main text" on
the page.  But it seems quite reasonable to me that that kind of
context could require tables in footnotes as such.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.