[XeTeX] XeTeX, XeTeXpicfile, and counter-intuitive behaviour

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Dec 1 14:13:34 CET 2011

Paul Isambert wrote:
> Le 01/12/2011 13:13, Philip TAYLOR a écrit :
>> P.S. But what about the fact that the \vfill \eject
>> is ignored if no text precedes the \XeTeXpicfile ?
>
> It seems to be a particular case of the situation where a \special is alone on its page. I don't know what TeX is supposed to do in such situation, and haven't time to investigate.

But it must surely be more than a special, must it not, Paul,
because it reserves space on the page for the graphic to be
included, so must in some way also contribute to TeX's internal
lists ...

** Phil.