[XeTeX] 64.bit XeTex was::Re: Trying to build microtype-aware xetex

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Tue Aug 30 22:42:34 CEST 2011

Hi George,

I just did some checking and it seems it is possible to replace the
calls to ATSUI with calls to Core Text with identical results.

No, I have not test this with xetex, but it seems to work with engines
that support ATSUI. Their are also compatibility calls for Core Text for
calling Quick draw routines for text, though xetex should not be using them anyway!

ATSUI is a Mac only thing and deprecated and more or less dead. But, I would agree that everything could probably done
by Graphite, so all that would be needed is a graphite layer for the different OSes.

regards
	Keith.