[XeTeX] xunicode combining ring above

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Aug 30 17:07:07 CEST 2011

Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:05:02 +0200 schrieb Lasse Bombien:

> Dear list,
>
> something goes wrong when I use the TIPA part of xunicode:
> \r{x} doesn't give me an x with a ring above it but an x with a cedilla below. Direct
> Unicode input works fine.
> It doesn't seem to be a font problem as I tried several fonts.
> Below is a minimal example. Does anyone have an idea?
>
> Lasse
>
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX]{Linux Libertine O}
> \begin{document}
> Tipa input: \textipa{ba\r Nkan}\\
> unicode input: baŋ̊kan
> \end{document}

That's a bug in xunicode. It contains the line

\let\realLaTeXring\c
\def\tipacedillaaccent{\TIPAaccent{\realLaTeXcedilla}}

This should be \let\realLaTeXcedilla\c ....

Put
\let\realLaTeXring\r
\let\realLaTeXcedilla\c

in your document after loading fontspec to get around the bug and
notify the author.

--
Ulrike Fischer