[XeTeX] analogues of \pdfobj?

Oleg Parashchenko olpa at uucode.com
Tue Aug 30 15:27:40 CEST 2011

Hello,

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:03:59 +0200
Heiko Oberdiek <heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> And you need code for:
> * that ensures, that the used glyphs are made known for pdfTeX,
>   otherwise glyphs might be missing;

Yes, also noticed this issue.

> * that ensures, that the right font is active;
> * that takes care of coordinate synchronization between
>   pdfTeX's coordinate system and the user code at PDF level.

For a short text chunk, seems not a problem.

> > Thanks to your suggestions, I thought that I could make a similar
> > trick with DVIPDFMx,
>
> \pdfliteral is available as \special{pdf:content ...},
> \special{pdf:literal direct ...} and \special{pdf:code ...}.

Unfortunately, these commands are of no use for referring to other
objects. The TeX level just doesn't aware of exact numerical values of
created objects, and it seems DVIPDFM-literals do not resolve "@"-names.

--
Oleg Parashchenko  olpa@ http://uucode.com/
http://uucode.com/blog/  XML, TeX, Python, Mac, Chess