[XeTeX] Please help me in editing with fancy header in Latex

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 15:09:07 CEST 2011

Hello,

I think the question was already answered, but if you're new to LaTeX:

- LaTeX is not difficult, but not simple either. Start by reading one of the introductory manuals: "The not so short introduction to LaTeX" is provided in all LaTeX distributions, in many languages
- All latex packages and class files have extensive documentation; only packages with proper manuals are archived and distributed. You can find these manuals by searching on your computer. For instance, to find the manual of the SIunits package on linux, you would use:

#> locate SIunits

- __read__ the manuals.
- If you are ready for some more in-depth reading, read the manual of the memoir class. It is 500 pages, but it will enlighten you and you will be able to make beautiful documents.

- "beginners questions" or FAQs are very well available on forums and internet. Use Google.
- This xetex list is specific for for xe(la)tex and the specific issues it has regarding Unicode fonts and scripts. For more general latex questions, there are other email lists. I am sure that there is such a list in almost any country in the world.

Cheers,
Wilfred