[XeTeX] XeLateX problem after updating

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Aug 13 10:49:56 CEST 2011

Am 13.08.2011 um 06:08 schrieb Neal Delmonico:

> ---! /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-var/web2c/xetex/xelatex.fmt doesn't match xetex.pool
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Did you read the sequence "2 0 0 9"? It tells you that you are *not* using the updated xelatex.

> How do I fix this?

Use the updated version of TeX Live 2011!

> What went wrong.

Presumingly setting PATH. The environment variable $PATH tells the shell interpreter where to look for executables. Seems it looks for executables from two years ago, which are organised in  /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/<some architecture>/, while the recent ones are in /usr/local/texlive/2011/bin<some architecture>/.

Could be you also have some other TeX related environment variables set which cause the failure. The commands env or printenv show all environment variables and the values they are set to. The command

	env | egrep 'TEX|MF'

should filter only the relevant ones.

For MacTeX users a TeX Distributions Preference Pane exists to set $PATH.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Typography exists to honor content.