[XeTeX] opentype arabic font rendering in mac osx (snow leopard and lion)

John McChesney-Young jmccyoung at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 23:20:25 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd)
<P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
>> I haven't installed Adobe Reader yet because it just seemed too bloated
>> (more than 400mb just for a reader).
>
> 400Mb ?  Where do you get that figure ?  The Adobe web site
>
>        http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
>
> says 50.25Mb.

Perhaps that's the size of a compressed download? Adobe Reader X on my
Mac is 296.8MB. Not quite 400MB, but closer to that than to the stated
download size.

Interesting. The US Adobe site's download page says it's 68.05MB.

John

--
John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung **