[XeTeX] opentype arabic font rendering in mac osx (snow leopard and lion)

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Aug 3 13:56:35 CEST 2011

Vafa Khalighi wrote:

> As far as I know, this only happens with Adobe Arabic. Create a ttf version of it and use that instead otf one.

A supplementary question : how does the PDF appear when
viewed in Acrobat Reader or in Adobe Acrobat ?  From a
purely personal perspective, I would always check the
rendering in those before assuming that the PDF was at
fault -- it may well be simply an incompatibility with
the viewer(s).

Philip Taylors