[XeTeX] How to mix math fonts?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:52:42 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-14 16:33:59 +0930, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> said:

> Wow, Ulrik, Perfect!
>
> I will simply use your version now (not trying to learn the syntax).
> Will - Maybe it makes sense to incorporate some of the changes into
> your original document?
>
> Or at least create a second copy or style file with the purpose to
> compare different fonts?

Sorry for the slow progress, everyone. I've always meant to incorporate
mathversion support into unicode-math but its scope grew larger than my
allowable time... Ulrike's and Ulrik's code looks just the ticket.

I've saved your code for building into unicode-math proper; rather than
a separate command, I suspect it'll use some sort of optional spec,
such as:

    \setmathfont[version=bold]{...}

Many thanks for forging the way ahead!

Will

P.S.  Now that I write it, "forge the way ahead" seems like an odd turn
of phrase.

P.P.S. I don't always follow this list very closely so anything useful
like this please send to me directly if it seems worthwhile.

P.P.P.S. unicode-math was just updated in CTAN so it'll appear in tlmgr
shortly, I suspect. I hope it should now work out of the box, but I've
been wrong before. Sorry for any inconvenience with that over the last
little while.