[XeTeX] How can I encrypt (limit permissions) in my PDF?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Apr 24 11:06:30 CEST 2011

Am 24.04.2011 um 09:24 schrieb Ron Aaron:

> However, this has two problems.  First, it prompts for both owner and
> user passwords for the PDF, and there does not seem to be any way to
> specify them in a file or an option.

This is an inflexible "security" option. Xdvipdfmx is obviously meant
to be an interactive programme... Something like a "--batch" option is
needed.

> Second, xdivpdfmx actually crashes with a "segmentation fault".

You can circumvent this! First create the XDV file (xetex --no-pdf),
then run xdvipdfmx -S <file.xdv>.

Xdvipdfmx is based on dvipdfm. See its documentation (texdoc dvipdfm)
and check which of dvipdfm's specials work with xdvipdfmx.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Hard Disk, n.:
	A device that allows users to delete vast quantities of data with
simple mnemonic commands.