[XeTeX] unicode characters not showing in xelatex

Mike "Pomax" Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Mon Apr 18 21:22:12 CEST 2011

Hi Jacobo,

> I'm experiencing problems with xelatex and unicode subscript numbers. They work well in osx applications like Texshop and openoffice but they are not displayed in the final pdf generated by xelatex.

Have you made sure to load the appropriate fonts? (is there a
\package{fontspec} and \setmainfont{My Unicode Supporting Font} line in
your preamble, for example?). TexShop and OpenOffice pick their own
"whichever works best" fonts, XeLaTeX will only use the fonts you tell
it to.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com