[XeTeX] when one needs more than XeTeX+OT fonts? (was: Text output garbled..)

Kārlis Repsons karlis.repsons at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:30:45 CEST 2011

On Friday 15 April 2011 11:28:02 Alan Munn wrote:
> If you find xetex doing what you want, you have no reasons to change.

Just I wonder what happens when the written material must be printed in a book
(of course with technical side in mind)... Haven't tried ever, but it might be
necessary, so would the produced PDF be enough? And fonts -- on screen it
seems to be most important that (besides overall fitness) they have good
hinting, but about printed material I don't know. What experience could be
recalled here? Is there any one-for-all set of fonts or it's possible that
font must be chosen depending on if the produced work will be printed?