[XeTeX] Type2 Charstring Parser: Parsing charstring failed

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 13 17:02:00 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Please make xelatex not crash on:

  ** WARNING ** "seac" character deprecated in Type 2 charstring.
  ** ERROR ** Type2 Charstring Parser: Parsing charstring failed:
(status=-1, stack=5)

  Output file removed.
   )
  Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;

For the following input using OTF files:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\begin{document}
{\fontspec{IM FELL Double Pica PRO}ABCDè}
{\fontspec{IM FELL DW Pica PRO}ABCDè}
\end{document}

It crashes on the è although it supports other characters with
diacritics. OTF files can be downloaded from here:
  http://iginomarini.com/fell/the-revival-fonts/

Please, let me know if there are any workarounds? The previous version
of this typeface (in TTF) did not have this problem. Should I notify the
author and what should I tell him exactly in order to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Pander