[XeTeX] Inlined images?

Mike "Pomax" Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Tue Apr 12 21:01:38 CEST 2011

On 4/12/2011 11:37 AM, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
> Cleanup: TeX can't delete files. Thus again the `shell escape' feature
> is needed. But depending on the driver the image files must not be
> deleted. For example, DVI driver usually only embed the image file
> name references, but not the images.

Indeed. To clarify: I don't know his full setup, but my own setup is
based a script that generates .tex source and images, then calls
XeLaTeX+makeidx to do their things, after which it does the cleanup (if
no TeX errors occured), so that only the .pdf and .log files are left. I
was thinking his approach would allow him to do a similar kind of
cleanup after TeX is done, too.

- Mike