[XeTeX] XeTeX in lshort

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Sep 29 21:26:09 CEST 2010

Tobias Schoel wrote:

> I wouldn't recommend anything other than kile for linux users. for me it
> offers the fastest way of texing.
>
> I tried emacs when we got the task of learning and testing a bit of lisp
> in university, but I didn't get the feeling "I'm becoming better and
> using this program seems to be an improvement." soon enough. That's why
> it should be mentioned but not recommenend for beginners: It's a
> paedagogical rule: don't change content and form simultaneously. (German
> speakers can read: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proaktive_Hemmung )

I've tried to stay out of this, but I can't :-(

The choice of editor is an intensely personal one, and all that
a  document such as XeLshort should say is "Use your preferred
editor so long as it is capable of handling Unicode; editors that
we know can handle Unicode successfully are listed in Appendix <whatever>."

** Phil.