[XeTeX] unicode-math problem

António Fernandes amfernandes at netcabo.pt
Wed Sep 29 13:38:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

After updating unicode-math to the most recent version I'm experiencing an unwanted behavior which seems to be related with the keys "script-features" and "sscript-features".

The log resulting from the compilation of the following code:

****
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage[math-style=TeX]{unicode-math}
\setmathfont[]{Asana Math}
\begin{document}
$\alpha_n$ and $\alpha_{n_k}$
\end{document}
****

contains several error messages as bellow:

*****
./teste.tex:5: Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \zf at update@ff
                         {+ssty=0}
l.5 \setmathfont{Asana Math}

?

./teste.tex:5: LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.5 \setmathfont{Asana Math}

?
./teste.tex:5: Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \zf at update@ff
                         {+ssty=1}
l.5 \setmathfont{Asana Math}

?
./teste.tex:5: Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \g_um_up_misc_usv
l.5 \setmathfont{Asana Math}

?
./teste.tex:5: Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \g_um_it_misc_usv
l.5 \setmathfont{Asana Math}

?
./teste.tex:5: Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \g_um_bb_misc_usv
l.5 \setmathfont{Asana Math}

?
./teste.tex:5: Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
      ./teste.tex:5: Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \g_um_bfsfit_misc_usv
l.5 \setmathfont{Asana Math}

?

?
******

resulting in the output shown in the attachment (output.png).

Misusing the \setmathfont command, substituting  "\setmathfont[script-features=,sscript-features=]{Asana Math}" for "\setmathfont{Asana Math}" results on a similar log file except for the lines of the kind

Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \zf at update@ff
                         {+ssty=0}

that no longer appear. This has the only advantage (if the term applies here) that the text "+ssty=0+ssty=1" no longer appears in the pdf file and I can compile my text as long as I do it in nonstop mode.

Any help will be welcome.
Thanks!

António Fernandes