[XeTeX] XeTeX in lshort

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 28 22:44:32 CEST 2010

Am 28.09.2010 um 21:16 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 28.09.2010 um 16:20 schrieb Tobias Schoel:
>
>> Can we now come back to the beginning problem:
>> Which way of creating unicode-encoded .tex-documents to propose in lshort?
>
> Using GNU Emacs 23.x – the Unicode Emacs (and any of its variants) – with its AUCTeX extension.

I use the same technology, but I would never recommend it to beginners. It doesn't help if you have to learn LaTeX/ConTeXt *and* Emacs at the same time.
TeXworks seems to be a modern, Unicode-capable solution, and AFAIK it is included in TeX Live. Thus the recommendation should be TeX Shop on OS X and TeXworks on Windows and Linux. AFAIK TeXworks has been modelled after TeX Shop, which should simplify the explanations.