[XeTeX] XeTeX in lshort

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sun Sep 26 19:11:02 CEST 2010

On 9/26/2010 6:56 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
> I have to disagree, Vim and emacs (or should that be Emacs?) are available on Windows as well. (Maybe not used that often.)

While they're "available" for windows, windows users don't use them.
Only people who transcend the OS label because they use multiple
operating systems and have learned to like vim or emacs enough to want
to use it on all their operating systems will also use these on windows.

Windows users use things like textpad (although because it still refuses
to move to unicode, much less so than a few years ago), notepad++,
notepad2, ultraedit, and all those "they started as windows programs so
every windows user recommends them to their windows user friends".

Anything that's from the GNU stable can *very* safely be said to be a
*nix thing, even though every single gnu program can be, and likely has
already at this point been compiled for windows, too.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com