[XeTeX] XeTeX in lshort

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 26 17:35:34 CEST 2010

Am 26.09.2010 um 16:44 schrieb David Perry:

>> On a Mac I can type \texttt{option-u u} to get an ü
> Mac OS has the best systemwide support for non-English characters, and has for a long time.  Windows provides only a very awkward ALT key method that requires typing decimal or hex numbers.

This is not related to the operating system, but to the default keyboard layout. A Windows keyboard layout can be as comprehensive as a Mac OS X one. BTW, the default keyboard layouts on modern Linux systems are much more comprehensive than their equivalents on OS X, because only on the X Window System you have all three options: modifier keys, dead keys, compose sequences. Windows and OS X have only modifier keys and dead keys.