[XeTeX] Installation of Texlive on Ubuntu 10.04

Kevin Klement klement at philos.umass.edu
Wed Sep 22 15:10:54 CEST 2010

You should be able to install Kile from the the Ubuntu repositories
rather than building it from source even if you install TeXlive 2010
rather than using the Debian/Ubuntu version. However, you'll need to
use equivs to build a "dummy package" to trick synaptic/apt/aptitude
into thinking you have the texlive packages installed.

The basic instructions are given here:
http://texblog.net/latex-archive/linux/kile-texlive-2008-equivs/

(Read the comments below too.)

Those are dated, and apply to earlier versions, but the basic process
should still be the same. Find out what the dependencies for Kile are,
and create a dummy package accordingly. I don't use Ubuntu any more so
I can't test of that, but I think the basic process should still be
the same.