[XeTeX] Multiple citation styles in a single document

Gareth Hughes garzohugo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 19:18:46 CEST 2010

Gerrit Glabbart wrote:
> Am 20.09.2010 um 18:25 schrieb Gareth Hughes:
>
>> Gerrit Glabbart wrote:

>>> I believe that’s what the »hyphenation« field is for (p. 23 in
>>> the biblatex manual). (A small number of) European languages
>>> only, for the time being, but still.
>> I think that only loads hyphenation patterns, but does not wrap the
>>  entry in a language environment or select bibliographical style
>> variants based on the language.
>
>> From the manual: »This information may be used to switch
>> hyphenation patterns *and localize strings in the bibliography*.«
>> ›babel=other‹ will enclose the entry in an otherlanguage
>> environment.

> becomes ›S.‹ and so forth. I’m not sure what you mean by
> ›bibliographical style variants based on the language‹; surely, the
> bibliography should be as consistent as possible?

I didn't realise that that field operated on localisation strings too.
That's good news. However, I don't believe that it is able to change
inner quotes (seeing as outer quotes should be of the bibliography
language), or punctuation. In English, we write <title>: <subtitle> or
this be controlled by use of the hyphenation field?

Gareth.