[XeTeX] Numbering in Devanāgarī while using XeTeX

Ujjwol Lamichhane ujjwollamichhane at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:24:04 CEST 2010

Hi,
I have been using XeTeX for typsetting Devanāgarī documents and it is going
great. But I have encountered one issue, that whenever i use commands like
\section, \begin{enumerate},\footnote or any command that generates
numbering the numbering appears in the roman. Like
1,2,3 but I want to it in Devanāgarī like १, २, ३ ,४ ....
Any possible way/best practices to make this happen ?

PS: Once fixed, this could be used for other Indic Scripts too.
--
Ujjwol Lamichhane
http://ujjwol.com.np/