[XeTeX] Separate fonts for Latin and Greek with fontspec?

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 19:56:15 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Sorry if I missed this in the manual, but is it possible to use fontspec to map most unicode
characters to one font, and some to another? In particular, my intended use is that I prefer the
Latin characters in Adobe Garamond Pro to those in Myriad Pro, but the latter has Greek support
whilst the former does not, and they're similar enough that with the odd Greek character (which is
all I use!) they are pretty stylistically compatible. Is it possible to set things up so that Greek
appears in Minion and Latin (and everything else) appears in Garamond?

(I only ask the question since something like this is possible in unicode-math, IIRC.)

Thanks,

David

--
David Cottenden