[XeTeX] wspr's realscripts & updated xelatex templates

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 14 19:51:11 CEST 2010

Am 14.09.2010 um 16:44 schrieb Joel C. Salomon:

> I’ve not been following the recent back-and-forth regarding which
> XɘLaTeX packages are now obsolete, and which are compatible with LuaLaTeX.
>
> Right now my personal style files files have lines like these:
> 	\ifxetex
> 		\RequirePackage{fontspec, xunicode, xltxtra}
> 	\fi
> 	\ifluatex
> 		\RequirePackage{fontspec}
> 	\fi
> Am I missing something here?

xltxtra is obsolete, the rest seems fine. Actually I think xunicode should be made compatible with LuaTeX. It's README says,

"This package is designed to work with TeX engines that directly
process UTF8 input and use Unicode and OpenType fonts.
At the time of writing, XeTeX is the only known engine of this kind.

(When other engines become available, the package will need modifying
not to check solely for XeTeX.)"

>  Where does realscripts fit in?

No idea.