[XeTeX] Newbie Question: Accessing Glyph

Marc van Dongen dongen at cs.ucc.ie
Mon Sep 13 15:53:43 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I've used xelatex for a couple of months but then reverted
back to pdflatex. I've now decided that I want to try it
again.

I'm trying to use an opentype "Adobe Garamond Premier Pro"
and it works mostly fine, except that there are some problems:
 o I'd like to know how to access certain glyphs in the font
   files. For example, the euro symbol, the long es, and
   ornamental symbols.
 o I've noticed that certain diacritics don't work such as
   tie-after accent (\t{oo}) and bar-under accent (\b{o}).
I'd appreciate it if somebody could provide some pointers
which explain how to define proper commands for individual
glyphs and how to fix the diacritics.

As a related issue (I don't know what's in the font files),
I'd appreciate it if somebody could recommend a nice unix
tool that allows me to view the font tables? (I've googled
around a bit but I failed to find anything nice.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen