[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation initiative - a website

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sun Sep 12 11:59:31 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I've put up a wiki with a highly tentative structure on
http://wiki.xelatex.org/doku.php - sadly xetex.org is taken by some
domain hiking service so there's no obvious xetex.org counterpart to be
had...

Anyway, it's the normal wiki deal, although you need to register an
account to edit (just to prevent the occasional defacing that random
passersby tend to enjoy doing to open wikis). I suggest we do keep
functional discussions on the list, because there is great value in
being able to trawl through it on the xetex mailing list archive.

If anyone has any plugins they think are vital to streamlining the
process of a concerted effort to document as much as we can, please let
me know.

Also, if you're a package author or maintainer for a xelatex package
that has to be covered, I recommend turning the mention of your package
on the main page into a link ('fontspec' -> '[packages:fontspec]', for
instance) so that you have a hook to a page where you can put all the
information you think should be in an overarching Xe(La)TeX user manual
and reference guide.

Thanks to everyone who's been participating in the thread so far, and
let's hope we can keep up the effort!

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com