[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation "initiative"

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Wed Sep 8 15:30:09 CEST 2010

Am 08.09.2010 um 14:45 schrieb Michiel Kamermans:

> Hmm, for collaborative document writing I'm partial to dokuwiki, but that's mostly because I've found it quite useful myself since it stores all article text in flat .txt files instead of sticking it in some database, making it easy to use as data repository in a document production chain.

XeTeX and related packages will always be a running target, and for me the (La)TeX books (I've bought a whole lot of those in my life) had always the disadvantage to not being up to date anyway. I'm not giving book recommendations to the students in my LaTeX courses anymore because of this.

So I think it's better to create a wiki like ConTeXt garden (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/), where one can both have the official documentation and it's updates, tutorials and cook books for beginners, a code snippet repository, announcing of new packages, you name it.

Just collecting and organizing the existing sources on the web and cutting and pasting some of the most interesting solutions given here on the mailing list would be a great start.

Joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn