[XeTeX] Change fonts for different environment/commands

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Sun Sep 5 18:18:52 CEST 2010

Hi Philip,

Am 04.09.2010 um 19:49 schrieb Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd):

> For "scientific", read "technical", please.

Pure conservatism, I suppose. I've always taken to the principle of not mixing fonts in one document without good reasons. I know that magazines and technical manuals (like the mentioned Smashbook) tend to use sans serif headings, the further ones for adornment, the latter ones for -- well, I can't think of any real reason at all (maybe to cover up the boring content?).

But remember I'm not a technician or even scientist but a humanist, which maybe explains a lot ... I even despise the usual parskip instead of parindents without a lot of spacing between paragraphs, because it makes an uneven flow in reading.

Anyway, it's a good thing that LaTeX/XeTeX users have the choice to follow their own principles.

Joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn