[XeTeX] Invalid fontname

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Sun Sep 5 16:33:46 CEST 2010

On 9/5/2010 7:28 AM, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> Yes, that solves my problem, Will, and removing the
> second \newfont{instan|fa}ce solves the original
> problem, I think :
>
> \documentclass[12pt,letterpaper]{report}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \newfontface\dhivehifontA{Mv Elaaf Normal}
> \newcommand{\dhiA}[1]{{\dhivehifontA #1}}
> \begin{document}
> \dhiA{ޓީވީއެމް އާއި ދިވެހިރާއްޖޭގެ އަޑުގެ ނަން ބަދަލުކޮށްފިއެވެ.}
> \end{document}

Yes, this works.  Thank you!

My depth in LaTeX is about zero, so I generally work with cookie-cutter
solutions.  Now that I understand how it works, I think my confusion
came about because the in-line example of using \newcommand in this
context occurs on pg 8 and uses \notefont, while the example of how to
define \notefont has floated on to pg 9.  (This in v2.0c of the fontspec
documentation.) That, and it was late at night.

Andy Lin pointed out that I should be using the bidi package.  I had
removed that for purposes of creating a minimal example.

At any rate, thank you all for the help!
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
         "A library is the best possible imitation, by human beings,
         of a divine mind, where the whole universe is viewed and
         understood at the same time... we have invented libraries
         because we know that we do not have divine powers, but we
         try to do our best to imitate them." --Umberto Eco