[XeTeX] Change fonts for different environment/commands

Marcin Grotomirski grotos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 18:47:41 CEST 2010

> So using a professional modern font and switching to one of the alternative document classes floating around should provide you with a distinct look quite easily. I'm mostly using the KOMA-Script classes (part of TeXLive), which have a plethora of options to alter the standard look and have a more modern looking standard anyway. So has memoir, too.

Thanks for pointing me out this styles, I'll definitely look at it closer.

> But regarding "headings in Helvetica in fancy colours" -- maybe this is "modern", but I doubt if it's good typography in most cases ... OK, maybe your documents are in this category, but scientific article or decent book layout should avoid such a mess (IMHO of course). Even while KOMA-Script actually *has* sans serif headings as a standard, I most often switch to serif headings.

I've written my thesis in Xetex using Computer Modern with article
style. I'm going to use this combination also in the future.
I was just wondering how can I get results similar to eg. Smashing
book (https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/smashing-book-eu.html) or HTML
5 for web designers
(http://books.alistapart.com/products/html5-for-web-designers), which
were set in InDesign.