[XeTeX] misplaced combining diacritical marks 2

Alexander Schultheiß aschulth at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:47:18 CEST 2010

Hello Khaled

> I'm not sure whether this is done by XeTeX or by xunicode, XeTeX should
> not be doing any normalisation by default, but you can try:
>
>  \XeTeXinputnormalization=0
>
> and see if it makes any difference (it is supposedly the default).

No, it didn't change anything, so I guess it's the default. With my
actual test font not even the anchors in the pre-composed glyphs are
taken into account by xelatex. Thus I can't stack diacritics. The
fault seems to be mine as it works with Junicode. However, I'm using
fontforge and I can't figure out what possibly could have gotten wrong

Thanks for the help,
Alex

P.S.: Arabeyes.org has beautiful fonts. Nice work :)! ma'a salaama wa
baraka Allahu fiikum