[XeTeX] Change fonts for different environment/commands

Marcin Grotomirski grotos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 20:06:57 CEST 2010

2010/9/1 Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>:

> Marcin Grotomirski wrote:
>
>> Here is my example:
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \pagestyle{empty}
>> \usepackage{fontspec}
>> \setmainfont{Andika Basic}
>> \renewcommand{\footnote}{{\addfontfeature{Color=666666}}}
>> \begin{document}
>> This is my footnote\footnote{Not so long footnote}
>> \end{document}
>
> I fear that after \renew'ing \footnote as you have done,
> it will no longer generate footnotes (the old meaning will
> be lost).  Perhaps you would do better to define (say)
> "\myfootnote" to expand to your "\addfontfeature"
> and then pass control to the original "\footnote".
>
> Philip Taylor

Thanks for reply.
In a fact I'm looking for such solution that is compatible with my
existing projects - I don't want to create new commands and
environments. Is it possible? Or should I use these additional
packages (titlesec for titles)? How to simplify font management for
one article in one place?

I've just switched from LaTeX and want to change the way I write
documents. This is the reason for my questions.

Marcin Grotomirski