[XeTeX] misplaced combining diacritical marks 2

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Wed Sep 1 12:15:17 CEST 2010

Alexander,

> If there is no pre-composed glyph xelatex _never_ assembles the glyph
> correctly.

This is just not true.  The example I sent you works correctly on my
machine; I deliberately included y-macron-acute which does not exist in
precomposed form in Unicode.

I need to run to work right now but tonight I will try your other examples
and send a screen shot.  Meanwhile a very important question: are you on
Mac, Windows, or Linux?  On a Mac, if you use a font like Junicode, things
probably won't work.  Mac OS X defaults to using the native AAT font
rendering system.  In order to get OpenType positioning features to work,
you have to tell XeTeX to use the ICU renderer.    More later . . .

David