[XeTeX] Beginner questions

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Fri Oct 29 18:30:04 CEST 2010

It works now, and I can type set with Frutiger. Thank you all for your help.

Two more questions:

1. Does it exists a version of changebar.sty compatible with xelatex?

2. I have created two users on my mac, say user-mac and user-utf8, where the encoding preferences of TeXShop are different : applemac for the 1st one, utf8 for the 2nd one.

And I have observed the following: If a tex file contains the two lines

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

and has been saved on the user-utf8 side, as a utf8 file, and you open it from the user-mac side, TeXShop does not protest, and everything is O.K. I mean, you do not see horrible √@ and the like. It seems that you can even type into the file, and it will be saved as an utf8-file.

Is this normal? I could not read anything about that in the Help.

André Bellaïche