[XeTeX] PDFs and advanced font features

Bogdan Butnaru bogdanb+xetex at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 17:05:30 CEST 2010

If you need an example of the problem, see the XeTeX manual at

http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/xetexref/XeTeX-reference.pdf

On page 4 there are two examples of small caps usage. On my computer,
at least, the first one (Warnock Pro in italic+small caps) cannot be
copied correctly. The second example (in Hoefler Text, bold+small
caps) however does work. I suspect Hoefler Text uses a different font
file for the small caps rather than feature tags in a font with normal
minuscules.

--Bogdan Butnaru