[XeTeX] Font Warning Font shape Vollkorn it undefined

Axel Kielhorn a.kielhorn at web.de
Mon Oct 25 16:21:23 CEST 2010

Am 25.10.2010 um 13:06 schrieb Pander:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use Vollkorn in regular bold, italic and bold italic.
> However, italic and bold italic are not recognised by XeLaTeX.
>
> I'm using the following XeLaTeX test document:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \begin{document}
> \fontspec{Vollkorn}
> ABCD {\bfseries ABCD} {\itshape\bfseries ABCD} {\itshape ABCD}
> \end{document}
>
> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `EU1/Vollkorn(0)/m/it' undefined
> (Font)              using `EU1/Vollkorn(0)/m/n' instead on input line 5.

The same result here on MacOS.
The font names look correct in Fontbook.

The following does work:
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont
[BoldFont	= Vollkorn-Bold ,
 ItalicFont	= Vollkorn-Italic ,
 BoldItalicFont = Vollkorn-BoldItalic]
{Vollkorn}
\begin{document}
ABCD {\bfseries ABCD} {\itshape\bfseries ABCD} {\itshape ABCD}
\end{document}

name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
FEIZLZ+Vollkorn-Bold                 CID TrueType      yes yes no       9  0
WKBKZN+Vollkorn-Regular              CID TrueType      yes yes no       7  0
FEIZLZ+Vollkorn-Italic               CID TrueType      yes yes no      13  0
FEIZLZ+Vollkorn-BoldItalic           CID TrueType      yes yes no      11  0