[XeTeX] corrupted TeX file

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 25 13:22:12 CEST 2010

Depending on what input system s/he was using, s/he may be able to revert to
a timed back-up.  Though I don't much like Microsoft Word, I have to make
some use of it since files for a couple of periodicals that I typeset tend
to arrive in that format.  It certainly has that feature (and you can set
the frequency of the backups).  Aside from that, when in Windows I have
acquired the habit of typing ALT-F-S (I'm told I'll have to get used o
CTRL-S) after practically every sentence that I type - that saves a copy of
the file in most programs.  Whatever system your user is employing for text
input will surely have something analogous to that.

Of course the habit was only acquired after a bad experience (lost to my
memory by now), and if nothing else comes out of your user's predicament,
perhaps the acquisition of good back-up habits may be one positive result.

John