[XeTeX] arabic

Kamal Abdali k.abdali at acm.org
Sun Oct 24 20:30:25 CEST 2010

Dear Khaled,

You are absolutely correct that collation is language-dependent. In fact, at
least in Urdu there seems some disagreement about the place of at least two
letters and a vagueness about defining the order for vocalized words (i.e.,
after inserting the short vowels that are generally omitted). But my hope
was that once we have one standard table for a large alphabet and make it
work with some indexing program, we could worry about the ordering
variations.

Kamal Abdali