[XeTeX] Problems with spacing in math formulae

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Oct 20 11:12:52 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:39:52AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> On 10/20/2010 10:35 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >
> >Very useful! Knowing that there were a working version I was able to
> >track this down (with some git bisect magic), the culprit is the
> >DisplayOperatorMinHeight math parameter, while ago I increased it from
> >1400 to 2180 and XeTeX seems not to like that. Now I need to remember
> >why this was done in the first place (never use terse commit messages,
> >one day you will regret it).
>
> That was because otherwise the display style operator size in luatex
> was too small (essentially outputting a text style operator in all
> cases).

Actually I think I now recall, initially I had a composed integral in
addition to the two sizes and because of the luatex bug causing it to
ignore the last size I was always getting the composite integral for
display style and with such small min operator value I was getting tiny
display integrals. I've long disabled to composite integral so the issue
is no longer relevant, I just tested with 1400 and I get display
operators with both luatex and xetex.

Regards,
 Khaled

--